Friday, June 29, 2012

Fatherhood

This week I want to take time to talk about my Father.

     I remember in my childhood, me and my friends would take one of the role from the family. Me being a mom and my friends be the dad or the children. I would say "Honey, I will make a Kim-Chi soup for dinner tonight" Then My friend who is the role of father would always say " Honey, I'm back from the work" We learn in the school or in the cartoon that mom is cooking and dad is working. However, I thought it was rare to me but I just followed along with my friends. I thought it was not correct how the father is working all the time. I knew my father works and do half of the job in the house too.
    My father told me how to wash dish when I was in elementary school; around the top of cup is where we drank from it so I need to wash that part very clean. Of course my mother is also taught me those things but I knew that she wans't the only one who's doing all the house work. I see my dad do housework with my mom every single day even though he comes back from work very late at night. On the weekends I see him doing laundries or dishes, I see him massaging my mom's shoulder, I see him cliping his dad's toes whenever we go visit our granparents' house.I remember he said "You always need to help mom out with the housework, and do any small work before she makes you to do it, and say "yes mom!" whenever mom ask for an help" 
   I am so grateful for his examples and influence in my attitude towards the role of parent. I was wondering one day, 'my mom is so lucky! I don't think I will find a man like my dad..." it made me so depressed and long way to go, but he would encourage me saying " Yubin there's man like me everywhere,(with big a smile on his face) I'm pretty sure there are more good man than bad man" His love for our family influenced great on me that I want to follow his many good examples and become a better person to individuals.
  I don't know how I can say so many great examples of my dad on here or describe how fantastic he is for being a father and a husband. But I know for sure that my dad is someone who is fully charged with positive, optimistic, desirable, charitable, and just wonderful person in my life who gave me major influence of being a good person in my life. I love you dad and I will try to remember all the good things that you taught me :)


2 comments:

  1. I really liked your post about fatherhood. It was a great example of the importance and influence of fathers. The stories you wrote about your father were so sweet and touching. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete