Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Marriage and Family Myths & Trends



A one of the Myth on the MYTHS ABOUT FAMILY LIFE....
Happily Married People Don't Have Conflict?!

   I think this is completely not true. Even though my parents would tell me they are always happy as long as they are together in any places. However, they do have conflicts in a some point of their lives. They are not created exactly the same human being, and they can not always agree or satisfies on the same thing. My mom is more like strong and tough and My dad is more likely laid back and easy going. Whenever we go to a tour to other city, my dad would buy me and my sisters toys that we want( I always want one every place I go, that's what all the kids do right?)but my mom didn't like the fact that he buys toys that we won't play with it and for other reasons. However, my dad would still do it.So there is an example of conflict between my parents.

 In the Marriage and Family book pg.9 "The Dangers of Myths" says ...

   "Do not take for granted the truth of something simply because a lot of people agree that it is true.
Myths are more than simple mistakes"



List of the Trends that we listed in the class were...
  • Delaying marriage
  • Birth rate declining
  • Unwed Birth
  • Moms working
  • premarital sex
  • cohabitation (live together before marriage)

    In class we voted whether each one on the list are critical, significant, or not big of deal
 In my personal opinion, All the above of them are critical except, Delaying marriage, I think it might be different for each person depends on our personal experience. Delaying marriage is significant to me because in my opinion, I prefer to  have a financially supported before the marriage. I know families around me struggles with financial that their family splits up. And I realized having enough money is also a way for maintain a happy relationship between husband and wife. So I think it is significant to delay marriage in order to have enough time to prepare for stable marriage (not that I mean having a lot money is major results of good and happy marriage)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment