Thursday, May 17, 2012

Gender and Family Life

This week, we talked about people who considered themselves a gay.
It was very interesting topic for me because I often struggled with how to respond to them. And how I can react to those situation.


The best respond to any statement that are related to the people who considered themselves as a gay were..
1. Instead of forcing them it's wrong and criticize, but try to listen to their stories, any experience that they had in the past. ( They might be molested, or they could be treated diffrerently or seperated because they weren't behaving same as their same gender)
2. If someone come up to you and saying " Hey he turned out to be a gay, I noticed he was different from other kids" then we should correct them saying " You are mislabelling them"

In my high school years, there were few friends who considered themselves as a gay. And at that time I would be surprised in my mind but outside I would pretend that it's not a big deal and just skip it. I should've talk to them about it instead of just admit the fact and ignore it. I also realize that many people struggle with it.
Through today's discussion,I realize that many people struggle with it.I obtained more knowledge about perspectives and mind of people who considered themseves a gay. Also, I have more thoughts of how to respond to its situation.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment